Friday, November 9, 2007

social networking #18

I'm going to sound like a party-pooper here, but I can safely say that I won't ever be using any social networking sites. I looked at the ones listed, and none of them stood-out to me. I thought maybe the Threadless site would be fun because of the t-shirt designs, but no, nothing. Besides, everything I write sounds stupid and I don't trust the security of the internet. I really don't want to be on the "blacklist" at any point for any reason, either.

I don't have the desire to "social network". I feel the fun thing about interacting socially with others is actually doing physical things with them, like going to the movies, dancing, bike riding (the bicycle-type), social drinking, going to dinner parties, or parties in general, catching live bands at small venues, etc. I feel like I would only get a flat sense of what the people out there are like, whereas in person I'd have a better sense right away about the whole person, and that can save a lot of time, energy, and regret. I'm not afraid of taking risks in this way. I'm much stronger and wiser because of it, and for that I have no regrets.

No comments: