Tuesday, October 23, 2007

technology #17

Technology...it's helpful for many tasks, not so for others. I've only used computer-related technology since my 1st semester in college, and I can't say that I'm a natural. I remember back when pc's were first introduced, and how everyone said that they would cut-back on paper usage. So far I haven't seen much evidence of that.

I LOVE music, and I thought the most brilliant invention for recording/listening to music ever was the minidisc player. I think it's now extinct, but it plugged into ANY source to record and was tiny enough to carry anywhere. The minidiscs were also very tiny and cute. Plus, the discs were re-recordable for up to a million times before they would break down. MP3 players just aren't the same, and nowadays one has to pay for most of the music that's downloaded onto them. On the minidisc, the music's recorded for free because it's from whatever one has laying around. But hey, what do I know.

I've also heard just recently that the MAC computer is the best system to use for the creative types. Sorry Microsoft, I'll be using the MAC in the future.

1 comment:

rperry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.