Saturday, October 20, 2007

library 2.0 & web 2.0 #15

Library 2.0 to me seems to mean that libraries around the world are updating their technology. Until all of this new technology is in place and being used on a regular basis, I won't be able to relate to much of it.

I like the sound of Library 4.0 the best, because I can relate best to physical reality and an actual space to find and process information. I think the description of chairs to lounge in and the brandy especially intrigued me. I also see the point that even when libraries achieve these new changes, their work will never be done because of the speed of updated technology.

I personally don't have a problem with the way libraries have existed for the past couple of centuries, in this country at least. I will have to see these changes take place in order to believe that they will be improvements. It's just my own opinion, but I feel like identity theft needs to be addressed and prevented before moving forward with technology. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I also feel that we, as a civilization, may have more basic needs in the near future other than the use of technology in libraries. I'm pretty sure that these changes won't come without resistance.

No comments: